What is your research?
All my research is conducted within the First-Year Engineering Program.
* First-Year Engineering Students’ understanding of Nanotechnology (also teaching students about various nanotechnology products, while incorporating learning about various engineering field options)
* Feedback skills of First-Year Engineering Students and Undergraduate & Graduate Teaching Assistants (also creating pedagogical approaches to enhance feedback skills)
* Graduate and Undergraduate Teaching Assistants (their perspectives of their TA responsibilities – hindering and helpful factors that influence different aspects of their job
Do you have any recent publications? If so, where did you publish?
- 2012 ASEE IL-IN regional conference – about Problem Solving in Local and Global Problem Settings
- 2012 ASEE national conference – about Peer Feedback
- 2012 FIE national conference – about Peer Feedback
- 2013 AERA national conference – about UTA & GTA Feedback
What research method (s) are you using? Any great references you would suggest?
- Qualitative (e.g. understanding the nature of student work, interviews) /
- Quantifying Qualitative data and following up with Basic Statistical Analysis / Basic Statistical Analysis (e.g. t-test)
- Surveys (beginning in an on-going project)
Name a fun thing you do to create a work-research-life balance?
Yoga, Traveling, Scuba Diving, and Snowboarding (when I can)
What is your favorite snack?
Hummus and Pita